I am now 2 weeks post-op from my hysterectomy. It's been a rougher and slower recovery than I would have liked. Even though the doctor told me I would have restrictions, especially with lifting, I just assumed that I would be "not the norm" and be able to do things sooner. Well, at 2 weeks out, I still can't lift more than a gallon of milk for fear of ripping things and setting myself further back in my recovery process. That restriction will stay in place at least until my next checkup at the end of next week. For anyone that knows me well knows that this sitting back approach and not being able to just do things is driving me up the wall.
Even though I kept my ovaries and still have my own hormones, my emotions have kind of gone crazy. So, poor Tommy has seen more tears from me in these 2 weeks than probably during our entire 6 years of marriage. A joke taken the wrong way, frustration with not being able to help, my mom leaving town, pain that makes me actually stop, etc, etc, etc might (and probably does) make me cry.
This week the kids and I have been on our own. So far things are going pretty well. Jack keeps asking how many more days until he goes back to school. I think he likes the pace and activities and friends at school over Caroline and me...ha! I'm not sure I blame him right now. I keep reassuring him that we WILL get back to our zoo trips, aquarium fun, and playtimes before he knows it. I just hope it is soon! I have to kind of alternate days. Like yesterday, we had outside water playtime, a short walk and then I was sore and bleeding by the evening. That means, today is a lazy day. Yes, it's naptime and we are all still in pjs. A sonic happy hour run might be our excitement for the day. Daddy coming home is always a fun time. There's always outside time after dinner. Like last night, building a new worm box, running through the sprinkler in underwear (Jack, not Tommy..oh, and we are THOSE neighbors that Caroline run through the sprinklers completed nekkid!), and planting some herbs from the farmers market in the garden. Tommy has been wonderful through it all.
I have to rest though. I have to heal. I'm learning through this, but I'm struggling through some of it as well.
Enough about that....some pictures from the last 2 weeks...
 |
| Memorial Day Florence Parade...can't wait for it to start! |
 |
| Caroline was content to watch in the shade and eat goldfish. |
 |
| Jack did all the candy gathering. This year he got picky and would only pick up the ones he liked. |
 |
| Enjoying his hard work. |
 |
| Look at those red cheeks! |
 |
| Yes I made it to the parade. At 6 days post-op, I was ready to get some air! |
 |
| One of the new things for Caroline after this surgery was the change to a big girl bed. I can't lift her in and out, so we had to set up her bed as a toddler bed. A few nights her whole body, arms or legs have been on the floor when we go to check on her! |
 |
| Fun with the water table. I missed sunscreen just a bit around the tatoo and now that we took it off, he has a nice tan outline of it! |
 |
| Yes, we do feed him |
 |
| So fun! |
3 comments:
I've been praying for you. Let me know if there's something you need help with.
I can't believe you went out in that heat on Memorial Day - even I said it was too hot for that (since Richard wasn't in it!) I hope you're starting to feel better...it is a long recovery (it should get easier as time goes on) but time seems to stand still when you can't do much...
See you tonight!
so right Ashley, so right! You definitely understand! It wasn't too bad on memorial day for the Florence parade since it is at 10am. The heat hadn't fully cranked up yet! Again though, I am crazy.
Post a Comment