March 16, 2009- I had a very extensive ultrasound and other tests as Caroline's fetal movements had greatly decreased. The doctors were also worried as I was measuring small that my fluid levels were low. Everything turned out fine and still no baby.
March 17, 2009- My birthday. I wasn't sure if I would have a birthday baby! Secretly, I hoped not. I knew as soon as I had a baby on my bithday, it would no longer be mine!
March 18-19th, 2009-All the miles I walked in our neighborhood..whew! I was ready to get things moving. I had been 4 cm dilated for the past week. When was labor really going to start?
March 20, 2009- I knew something was different when I went to school that morning. The contractions I had been consistently having every 8-10 minutes for the past 2 weeks were a different bit stronger. I made it through school and was lucky to get home before they were getting very, very strong. Once Tommy got home and we were checked into the hospital, Caroline was born 45 minutes after getting settled into our room. It was a great delivery and I would go drug-free again (ask Tommy though and he says there won't be another again!).
And now, it is so hard to believe that was really a whole year ago! Why did it go so much faster with the 2nd? What a year though. Caroline is such a sweet baby. She has a temper, but she is such a lover. Those snuggles and huge hugs/kisses that she gives just melt my heart. I am so fortunate for the nursing experience we had. We just stopped last weekend and she is getting her last bag of milk tomorrow. Now to figure out the process of stopping bottles. Any suggestions?
Family will be in town for the weekend for her party. Let's hope she can kick this stomach bug and feel like showing off!
Now, thanks to our dear friend Lauren Bryson (see her link on the side bar), here are some of my favorites of the 1 year photo shoot. My sister made the bloomers and her friend made the dress. I need to get her etsy page to give her credit!








No comments:
Post a Comment