Saturday, March 13, 2010

Circus Fun and Mixed Feelings


Jack and I had a date to the circus last night. Here he was posing for pictures with pretty ladies while on our date! As you can tell from his face, he wasn't so sure about being too near her. When she asked for a high five, he shook his head no and walked on. It was a bit overwhelming! This was the pre-circus activities where you could go down to the floor and meet the performers. The place was packed! He did well during the show. His favorite was "the lady getting shot out of the gun" ie...the cannonball. He also like the dog tricks and the elephants holding tails. I think he would have liked the tigers more if he wasn't so fixated on going home! The poor little guy...just like his mom...we're such homebodies! Anyways, great night, great date. And did I mention he talked me into getting popcorn...for $7!! I'm turning soft. I tell you though, the circus is definitely a money making operation!

And Caroline, our sweet girl, is going to be one in a week! How did that happen?? (Some of you men may want to change websites now.) For the last 51 weeks, I have been her main food source. I was hoping to make it a full year, but I think today is the day. In the last couple of weeks, Caroline's top 4 teeth have come in. yes, you know where I'm going with this. I got bit. And I remember. I think it's messing with me! I have not been able to have good let downs the past couple of days. I think it's just time anyways. Such mixed emotions though. Anyone else go through that as well? So glad to be finished, but know that I won't be able to repeat this experience again. I so enjoyed the nursing experience...even the pumping, the late night feeds, etc, etc. But I think it's now time to end. Atleast I have a deep freeze stashed with enough breastmilk to get her to her birthday...whohoo. And now, wine for me! (I even drank the glass offered to me at my hair appointment yesterday while letting my color process!)

I have to end with a link to my friend Kat's page with her take on Good Night moon that she calls Good Night Boobs from when her nursing experience with Griffin ended...so fitting!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ha! Glad you have something you can reference during this time. I loved the whole nursing experience with all it's pain and frustration! I know it's sad but enjoy your newfound tata freedom! Happy almost b'day Caroline!!! You did great...you made it further than my boobies were able to!