Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tuesday

Tuesday is kind of a big day in our world at this time.  At 8am, I'll be having a hysterectomy.  I found out in early April that this was the necessary treatment for my problems.  Needless to say, this past month has been an emotional one.  Not that we had really PLANNED to have more children, but it was always nice to have that option open.  Now there won't be a chance.  I know, I know, we are so fortunate to have the two wonderful kiddos we have.  And I remember all the health issues with Jack and the worry that went along with the pregnancy of Caroline.  But still, it's just kind of hard to swallow the finality of it all.

Today I had to go for my pre-surgery appointment.  Yes, I've known about the surgery for a while now and tried to prepare for as much as I can.  I've got my sub, my classes, my finals, etc, etc at school all ready to go.  I've tried to cook/freeze as many meals as I can.  I've got wonderful family coming in to help with the kids.  But today, everything was real.  The feelings were a bit intense waiting for the nurse to come and draw blood.  Man, I wish I had more of snack before she took the 4 viles of blood!  I guess the emotions and hunger kind of made me feel sluggish the rest of the afternoon, not to mention the sore arm from the nurse pulling all over it to get the blood flowing better!

Some prayers for peace of mind would be great.  I'm a good sleeper, but this has been messing with me!  This is the first major surgery I've had in quite some time.  I'm not a good patient.  I don't sit still very long.  The sewing projects, magazines, and knitting projects are stacking up to try to get me to sit and rest.  Fortunately, the surgery is laproscopic using the DaVinci robot.  The recovery is better and hospital stay less (should just be one night), but I still have to keep from picking up the kids for about a month.  That's hard when you have a clingy 2 year old!

So if you don't mind, keep us in your prayers: a smooth procedure, quick recovery, and uneventful healing time.  I'm sure I'll be posting more in the future as I will have more time on my hands!

7 comments:

Christina said...

We will be praying for you!

Kat said...

I'm sorry, Amy :( I wish I lived closer so I could help but I will for sure be praying!

mary leigh said...

we'll be praying... but just know that in no way does this mean no more kids... look at my family!

McFarland2213 said...

I will bring FRIENDS/Modern Family over this evening for you! :) You will do great - and it will all go well! Love you TONS!

john said...

I will be praying!

The Talberts said...

darn it. sorry. that was me, not john. ;)

the ashley family said...

Will be praying for healing...when can I bring you a meal?