Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday Season

As I sit here the day after my birthday, preparing for Caroline's party this weekend, I am trying to figure out how we got from this...

This was taken a day or two before Caroline was born
to this....

just days before turning 2

I know I've said it a million times, but where does the time go with kids?  How are we looking directly at 2 with Caroline while this sweet guy,

at the cirucs last nast night with his snow cone!
is 4.5 years old.  I keep trying to remember to slow down and just enjoy these moments with him.  Everytime Jack says "I like you mom" or "thanks for taking me there/doing that with me," I just thank God for the blessing that they are in our lives.

Here's a few more fun pictures from this month:

breakfast for dinner and all Caroline wanted was the jelly on top of it!

Jack being silly

Enjoying these moments when they WANT to hold hands.  Having a brother and a sister, I know this time is limited!

Trying to jump together.  Caroline hasn't quite figured out how to get both feet off the ground at the same time.

My birthday date to the circus.

2 comments:

Eva in Tennessee said...

Happy Belated, b'day and Happy B'day to Caroline! Hope her party weekend is packed with fun and sweet moments! Birthday parties for little ones are the best cuz they love anything they get and their expressions make you feel like you have given them the world! Enjoy all your company.
Hugs to all,
Eva, John and boys

erin said...

Seriously!! I took one look at this post and thought..."What the heck?!?!?! I know I haven't seen her in a while....but has it been that long?" hahaha. It took me a second of reading to realize that was an old picture! Happy Birthdays! Love, Erin (ps - are you getting chickens?)