Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grandad Bowman


This past week was a difficult one for the Bowman family.  Grandad Bowman passed away on Monday, September 6.  Just look at the picture and you can see what a sweet, sweet man he was.  I absolutely love this picture as it really captures his playful spirit.  I loved watching Grandad give Tommy a hard time about his "short britches", his shaved head, or his facial hair.  Grandad was such a strong influence in Tommy's life.  Grandad always welcomed me and made me feel like a part of the family.  And oh how he loved his great grandchildren.  Jack enjoyed going to his house and seeing the big dogs and playing with some of Tommy's old toys.  I think Jack also knew that he was bound to get some kind of sweet snack at his house!  We will miss him so much but are rejoicing that he is enjoying his Heavenly home now.  More than the family man, Grandad was a strong Christian man.  What a strong testimony he left.  It was special to hear all the kind words people said about him during his ceremony.  Grandad, we love you!

No comments: