On another note...Caroline slept all the way through the night last night! There wasn't a peep out of her. Before last week, she was still getting up for a 3am feed. After I taught my week long class at NKU, I knew that feed had to go. I was getting up at 3 to feed her and then at 5:30 to get ready for the day. I had an awful hard time actually getting back to sleep after feeding her. Starting the day at 3 and going all day was just not going to happen in August. So last week began the process of breaking that feed. The first couple of nights were really rough. I let her cry (and Tommy was happy to enjoy the guest bed in the basement and not hear anything!). Jack didn't wake up in his room next door either. Then she started waking, fussing a few minutes, and going back to sleep. Her first feed would then begin at 6am. That will work out great for August. I will be able to feed her once before school. But last night, I rolled out of bed for my 3am pumping (building a freezer supply) and didn't hear anything from anyone. Then at 6:30, I heard Tommy getting ready. He assumed I had fed Caroline already but was surprised when I said I hadn't. I was bad...I woke her up to feed her. I know, I should let a sleeping baby sleep, but there is something nice about having her on a good feeding schedule. It just helps out with our day and keeping a 2 year old happy as well. So I fed her and she went right back to sleep! Yay for Caroline!
Mama Mia – Here We Go Again!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like too much fun! I want to plant a garden but I think we are waiting until we move to the house we will stay in for a while. Thanks for the comment on my blog! You can email me if you want to set up a photo shoot of the kiddos! erin@erinjacksonphoto.com
Hey girl! I didn't notice a drop in my supply until Griff was right at 9 months old. I went back to work when he was 4 months and pumped twice a day and made enough for a good 5 months before it dwindled.
Yea, I'm actually selfishly looking forward to not having to whip my boobs out all the time while I'm over there. Just be free for a couple of weeks before I come home and try to make another baby :)
Love the pics and I'm so impressed with your garden! You rock!
Post a Comment