I am now 38 weeks pregnant and ready for a baby! At this point, I am 4cm dilated and 70% effaced. I think I was a bit jinxed when the doctor said I wouldn't make it through the weekend. With that in mind, Jack went to spend the weekend with Grammy and Grandpa in Knoxville so that he would be well taken care of if we had to jet to the hospital. Since everything was all in line and it would have been very convenient, no baby yet! We've definitely missed Jack, but know he's had a blast visiting. We'll get to see him later today.
So now we just keep waiting to see when this baby is going to decide to come. Back to work again tomorrow! I keep hearing, "why are you here??" I can't just sit at home and wait for the baby to get here. We've been trying all kinds of the natural induction methods, but nothing yet. I'm really hoping not to be induced as I want to have a drug-free delivery if possible. So any suggestions on how to get things moving would be great!
Mama Mia – Here We Go Again!
3 years ago
3 comments:
You're almost there! I worked the day my water broke too...what else is there to do! I hear ya! Here is what worked for me...you may have to be superstitious to try this. I wore pink high heels the day my water broke (it hurt but I now swear they are my lucky shoes). Then I drank like 3 glasses of raspberry tea and bounced on a yoga ball. That night...poof! Water broke and we were parents. It's worth a shot right?! I hope you're feeling as good as possible and I will be thinking about and praying for you and that baby!
Is your doctor willing to rupture your membranes? Mine did it and later that night we were going to the hospital! There is always the act that got you pregnant! :)
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I've tried them all except the pink high heels. My students wouldn't know who I was if I walked into class with those on! Hopefully it won't be much longer!
Post a Comment